A Guide to Teaching Computer and Data Science in the Cloud
Join our webinar for a Brief introduction of Vocareum followed by a virtual demo.
For those who were unable to join us for our webinar 2 weeks ago, good news! Now is your chance to register for Vocareum’s second webinar taking place on Thursday, April 23 at 10 am Pacific Time. Register Now.
Over the past few weeks, we have been carefully balancing our commitment to the community with our desire to take part in the world’s efforts to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19. Many educational institutions have been forced to close and need to quickly shift to online education. We acknowledge the challenge to get online and wanted to share how our proven solutions can help.
During this interactive session, we will introduce some of our best features:
- Hosted Notebook: Jupyter Notebook and RStudio hosted in Vocareum Cloud
- Assignment Management: Set up rules & resources for assignments and assessments
- Auto-Grading & Reporting: Scripted grading to support rubric-based assessment
- Exam Management: Secured & timed coding exams, w/passcodes & auto-grading
- Cloud IDE: Full-featured code editor and execution; no installation necessary
- Broad Language Support: C, C++, Python, Java, R, Jupiter, ROS, Julia and more
- Cloud Resources: Use your own private clusters, databases, etc. AWS-ready
- LTI Support: Supporting edX, Canvas, Coursera, Blackboard, and more
As we navigate through this challenging situation in the time ahead, know that we are here for you. If you have any questions at this time, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Register now.
Check out some of our recent announcements and case studies –
- AWS — Providing educators with a centralized online environment for students and educators
- edX.org — Integration enables cloud lab option for MOOCs
- Cornell University — Scaling Strategies for Machine Learning Classes
- Northwestern/Kellogg — Teaching Advanced CS to Business School Students
- Penn State — Case Study in Data Structures and Algorithms Class
- SUTD — Flipping Classrooms, Administering Performance-based Exams, and Supporting Students with Data